The Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on business brokerage fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CBB program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Participants will learn how to apply extensive analysis in valuation, prepare a listing, and understand how buyers and sellers think through an analysis of motivation. Participants obtain the skills to handle those objections and to position themselves as capable business brokers through clear communication and knowledge.
To earn the CBB designation:
- Register for the CBB program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CBB designation and certification.
To learn more about the CBB program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CBB can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CBB certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Example Audio Interview: Our program includes expert audio interviews with professionals who work in the industry every day. Greg Kells is a business brokerage and President of Sunbelt Business Brokerage in Canada. Greg started the Canadian operations of the globally respected Sunbelt Business Brokerage firm. Greg is very successful, experienced, and respected around the world for his career in achievements in the business brokerage space. (Download this Audio Interview in MP3 format)
Example Video Module:
Business Valuation Strategies & Techniques (Download this video in MP4 Format)